Written Scramble

Saturday, December 09, 2006

CURLS

Ok this is amazing. My hair, which is usualy really really really straight, has managed to curl! Usualy it takes a curling iron, who know's how much hairspray and gel, and someone else to controle the curling iron to get my hair to resemble curly hair, and even then it doesn't last. But last night I was doing some Christmas shopping and me and my dad had picked a card off of the Salvation Army Christmas tree to by a gift for. I picked a nine year old girl who wanted clothes, make-up or books, so first I went to the book store and got her a pick your own adventure book, and then on the way out we were stopped by this lady in this middle of the mall hallway shop. She was selling something called a seramic iron. She was telling my dad what a great gift it would be, and saying every girl needed one, so I asked what it was. Then saying that if I'd never heard of it I wouldn't believe it if she just told me, she sat me down in a chair and pulled out this straightening iron. This thing was actualy interessting. Apparently the metal is seramic so it wasn't harmful to the hair making it so you could straighten your hair everyday if you wanted to. Then apparently it could also become a curling iron, and she showed me how to do that too, and amazingly on the first try, no hair spray, no gel the thing curled my hair, and it stuck. I personaly was amazed, and they stayed in curls for the rest of the evening night, while I slept, and now today half of it is still up, the other side smushed cause I slept on it. But it was amazing this thing actualy worked.
And another thing about it though, in english were learning about markiting and media and such, and all the diffrent way they try to get you to by it. And one such way is the 'Butter up the consumer' claim. And I'm pretty sure that's what she was using. Sounded like it. But the thing was cool, and it kept my hair in curls. Which is something nothing else has done. I think it's actualy for real, not a fake thing.
Oh and after I got the book for the girl, my dad bought her make-up too.
Aurum

1 Comments:

  • At 3:35 p.m., Blogger Kaeli said…

    Wow, that's amazing. My hair is like yours - it doesn't hold anything in. It usually takes half a can of spray to keep it in place. But that sounds really cool. Not something I'd buy, but it's cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home